Ok, it’s finally time that I start organizing my Recipes page since I keep adding more and more yummy things for you all to look at! I just added a Sweet Treats page under the Recipes page, so if you run your mouse over “Recipes” at the top of my blog, you should see a little sub-menu pop up.
My first recipe in the dessert section is up and ready! Check out my go-to healthy recipe for when I’m craving something warm and sweet. It’s a delicious recipe for cinnamon swirl bread from Jamie Eason’s Live Fit trainer recipes. The first time I made this was about a year ago when I was much better at staying on my healthy food kick than I am now. It is SO delicious and will not leave you feeling guilty since it’s made mostly with healthy ingredients.
If you’re getting tired of paying for Lululemon/Nike/Under Armour prices for your yoga or workout gear, you’ve got to try out Fabletics. I have purchased three outfits from Fabletics since I “joined” as a member in February and I am completely in love with this company and their products. I was a little weary of purchasing anything from Fabletics at first because it requires a membership, but it hasn’t been a problem at all – in fact, I’d say this is one of the only companies that I’ve ever shopped with that becoming a member wasn’t a complete pain in the you-know-what.
Here’s why I love it:
- It’s affordable. Every month, you get to pick from dozens of outfits for only $49.95-$59.95…yes..that’s the price for the entire outfit. Usually outfits include a top, a bottom, and sometimes a sports bra or other accessory.
- You can skip any month you want without penalty. Say you want to buy an outfit this month and you really don’t feel like spending any money again until 5, 6, 7 months later. That’s ok! Even though you have a monthly membership, you can “skip” any month you want to (as long as you remember to check your emails and skip each month by the 5th of every month). You can skip as many months in a row as you want to – there is no limit.
- The quality is amazing. Let me tell you. You know the leggings that we all love to wear to the gym for any type of workout (yoga, running, lifting, etc.)?? Fabletics leggings are AMAZING. They fit beautifully, they have compression in all the right places, they wash wonderfully, AND they’re freakin adorable. Oh, and they’re definitely not see-through so you never have to worry about that. Tell me what’s better than that. And the tops and sports bras are not only fashion-forward but also super comfy too. Did I mention before that everything is like less than half the price of what you would pay at Lulu?! Yeah. Pretty awesome.
- It’s fashion-forward. Ever piece sold in the Fabletics collection is super cute and many of the pieces have unique details that you don’t see when you shop at your usually sporting goods store.
- It’s co-owned by Kate Hudson. She’s one of my favs – not only as an actress, but also as a role model for life in general. She’s got a kick-ass body, a beautiful little family, and a super successful career.
If you haven’t tried out Fabletics yet, ya better get to it or you’re missing out! :) Happy shopping!
With all of the craziness going on lately I’ve admittedly lost track of my regular fitness regimen. I’m usually a ‘hit the gym 6 days a week’ person, but lately it’s been more like 4-5. In need of some motivation, I started doing Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer series. I completed this program two summers ago and got amazing results, so I thought why not do it again? For anyone who isn’t familiar with Jamie Eason, she’s a fitness model and personal trainer and has won multiple figure pro competitions. I wouldn’t say that this trainer series is the easiest to complete if you’re not an avid gym-goer, but she has great videos to show every exercise and some yummy recipes too!
You can find the Live Fit series here if you want to learn more about the program. It’s a 12 week program that is based in the gym and is made for people who are looking to get in shape, lose fat, or build muscle. I hate to say that this program will help you “build muscle” because it scares most women away. When I was first introduced to this program, I had zero experience lifting any sort of weight in the gym besides body-weight exercises and cardio. If you look at pictures of Jamie, she does not look masculine. At all. Yes, she has muscle. But it is nowhere near masculine looking. I can speak from experience. When I completed the program two summers ago, I was looking to lose about 10 pounds. After 6 weeks of the program I had actually gained 15 pounds in muscle, but lost inches in my stomach, thighs, and waist.
Anyway, not trying to market for Jamie’s program. Just trying to help anyone out there who might be looking for some inspiration to get in the gym! Who wouldn’t want to look like this, anyway?? Oh, and by the way…everything about this program is FREE! :)
Here are a few other people who tried the program and got great results. Enjoy!