Healthy & Delicious Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
(Thanks to Jamie Eason’s fabulous recipes!)
This cinnamon swirl bread is AMAZING. I know, it’s a “healthy” treat, which always seems to ruin my idea of how good something can really be. But this stuff…so delicious and so NOT bad for you! What’s not to love??
Author: Jamie Eason – Original Recipe Post can be found here:
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: ~25 mins Total time: ~35 mins
- 1/2 cup of your favorite sugar substitute (I used Stevia)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup of natural (unsweetened) applesauce OR one 4 oz jar of baby food applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of your sweetener and the cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together: wheat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking powder, salt, and the remaining sweetener (1/4 cup)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together: egg whites, almond milk, and applesauce. Then add and mix in with the large bowl ingredients.
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter into the pan, then sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sweetener mixture. Repeat with the remaining batter and cinnamon sweetener mixture on top.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marble it. Bake for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown throughout. Let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- ENJOY this delicious, guilt-free treat!! :)