I don’t think I’ve ever written something as personal (or as sappy…sorry…) as this post. I have no real reason for writing it other than the fact that I am so happy and so in love – and after going through lots of experiences in the last 5 years, I think I’ve finally nailed down what I want (and need) in a relationship. Lucky for me, my man has all of these traits.
1. He supports you. In your personal life goals, your professional experiences, and throughout all of life’s highs and lows. He is there to tell you he supports your decisions and your actions whether or not he 100% agrees with them. Why? Because he loves you and wants you to be happy. He also knows how to respectfully tell you when you’re wrong or out of line – just as important in my book.
2. He intrigues you. It’s more than just a physical attraction or emotional satisfaction. You can have interesting conversations with him about intellectual concepts and ideas in addition to talking about experiences you’ve had together or day-to-day ramblings. There is something about the two of you that connects on a further level that makes your physical and emotional connection that much better.
3. He makes you happy. As in the kind of happy that makes you giggly and embarrassed because you laugh so hard you can’t breathe. Or the kind of happy that you forget everything else when you’re in his arms (especially on tough days). Or the kind of happy that makes you break down your guards and really get to know one another.
4. He respects you. He respects your decisions, your actions, and your words as long as they aren’t outrageous (which is never, right? :P). He wants to see you grow and succeed in any- and everything that you do; and he’s there to support you through that 100% of the way.
5. He loves you. He loves you in the way that he does things for you that he’s never done for anyone else before. He shows that loves you in the way that you need him to, even if it’s not his usual way of approaching things. He shows you he loves you by doing sweet and romantic things for you – not because that’s his natural personality but because he wants to show you in every way possible that he is committed. And (maybe most importantly) he shows you he loves you even when you’re at your worst. No explanation needed. That’s a big one.
I think I’ve found this guy. He knows he means everything to me and I’ve told him a million times before, but I love and appreciate him more than I could possibly put into words. Thanks for being a perfect example of the guy I’ve been hoping and waiting for, Kyle. There ain’t nothin better than what we’ve got when we’re together. :)