My first post here will be a re-post from yesterday from my last blog. Over the past year I’ve grown quite a bit as a “blogger”, so I decided to get a new domain name. “Avoir la pêche” means “to feel great” or to be “just peachy!”…enjoy :)
“Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” — Carrie Bradshaw
Earlier this year, when I was feeling all sentimental about having to grow up after graduation and sulking in my own childish “misery” because I never want to leave Mizzou, I wrote a journal entry titled “15 things to remember as I start my new ‘big girl’ life after college…”. It’s funny because I feel like I have changed so much throughout the last four years. I’ve grown as a person and learned so many things. But when I look back on this little journal entry, it makes life seem so simple.
15 things to remember as I start my new “big girl” life after college…
- Be grateful for the moments you have & the people you have around you. Surround yourself with people who make you happy.
- Don’t worry so much. Like, really. STOP worrying.
- Continue to network and grow throughout your career and throughout your life.
- Spend quality time with your (future) kids as much as possible. And your dogs. :) Simply being in the same room isn’t always “enough”.
- Let friendships run their course. Accept changes as they come and don’t expect everything to always stay the same.
- Don’t work your life away.
- Ask your parents questions since you were unable to ask your grandparents so many of the questions you have. And take their advice when they give it.
- Volunteer. A lot. Make it something you’re passionate about.
- Don’t hold grudges. Especially with the people you love.
- Take risks (responsibly).
- Make physical fitness and overall health a priority.
- See the world.
- Know when to support your own dreams over other’s dreams, and when to support other’s dreams over your own.
- Spend as much time as possible with your loved ones. With your kids, parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends…everyone close to my heart.
- Relish your youth. Right now. In this moment. So that in ten years when you look back, you can only smile.